Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Need machinist's help in DFW area

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:15:56 -0500, Andy Asberry
wrote:

One of my hobbies is restoring old (60s-70s) garden tractors. Some
came with electric power lifts for implements. The weak link in those
is the motor gear; a 32 pitch, 16 tooth spur gear with about a 5/8"
face. Bore is 5'16".

I have a 3" piece of carbon steel gear stock I need parted and bored
or bored and parted, whichever, to get as many gears as possible.
https://sdp-si.com/eStore/ part# A 1C29-N32016
Low buck budget so I would like to beg, swap or trade for steak
dinner, liquid refreshment or what-are-you-looking-for.

Can you help or point me to someone who can?

AAsberryatAOL.com

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

Is this heat-treated carbon steel? Test it with a file. If it's
heat-treated, it may need to be sliced with a saw and then faced,
trued and bored with carbide tooling.