Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.

Default reversing AC motors?

OK I think I see what you plan on doing now. Your thinking of putting
the motor in the middle and having two separate units mounted to run off
of it, kind of like a small lineshaft arrangement. with equipment
located to the front/back of the motor.

In that case I would not bother with reversing the motor. I would just
run either a reversing 1:1 gearbox on one item or twist the belt driving
one shaft. That way they all run the same direction and you won't have
problems with loosening of the retaining nuts.
--
Steve W.
Life is not like a box of chocolates

"Bernard Arnest" wrote in message
oups.com...
Exactly. Because they are on opposite sides of the same stand/motor,

conserve space.