Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³

Default Climate of Fear - Global-warming alarmists intimidate dissentin...

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message

I know where it was used. It's just that I can't remember ever seeing
a can with the tin inside. It could be that the tin was coated like
you said. Certainly tin was been replaced many years ago for general
food packaging. I still hear people speak about tin roofing. I wonder
if tin has been replaced by zinc for this use.

Exterior roofing with Tin went away during WW2 and was replaced by
galvanized Iron which, for the most part, has been replaced by anodized
Aluminum. [Barns/sheds being a notable exception.]

Tin _ceiling_ panels are in periodic vogue and aren't cheap.

Once one of the least expensive of metals, the price rose enough to foster
alternatives.