Posted to uk.d-i-y
BillP

Default OT-Lexmark with WindowsXP

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:58:10 GMT, "BillP" wrote:

Hi,

Try this to uninstall the drivers completely:

http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:288:0:0&emeaframe=&d ocid=ENUS954

found via:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1058902754

The best thing to do long term is to dump the Lexmark and get
something like a Canon.

cheers,
Pete.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I've had that response from Lexmark
tech support, and tried it, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

If Lexmark tell me to "stand on one leg, stick my finger up my arse and
whistle God Save The Queen" I'd give it a go, but Googling and trying all
sorts of fixes leads me to believe that whatever I try, it can't be done. I
just want to know that I'm not chasing a myth and that there really is
someone, somewhere out there, who has actually has this set up working
properly.

Thanks anyway

Best regards Bill