Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo

Default Totally new to DIY

kimleach wrote:

Ye we put about 1/2" and I am busy tiling today - just wanted to be
sure about the concrete before we sorted the glass!

This job is my challenge for the year!!!! Never fitted a bathroom or
tiled - so this is truly a DIY challenge. Thanks for the help.

I've installed one already, and am working on a second (but 4 years
later).
You always learn by experience, and for what it's worth I plan to
install one of
those angle shaped lengths of plastic underneath the bottom row of
tiles
to deflect any water running down the tiles well into the shower tray.
As you have just gathered, I didn't do this on the previous tray and
suffered problems
with it.
On the previous tray I grouted the tiles all the way down to about two
inches above
the tray and then went on to some flavour of sealant to do the last wee
bit (figuring
that any movement of the tray against the tiles would be compensated by
the
flexible sealant).
I've had a couple of leaks out of the tray and into a ceiling light in
the room
below (eek!) but having ripped out the old sealant and replaced it with
more
expensive stuff (mentioned here on uk/d-i-y : whoever recommended the
more
expensive stuff then THANKS! :-) and so far no repeat of the leaks.

I wonder what I'll goof-up with on the current install... answers on a
postcard.

Mungo :-)