Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default fridge freezer Thermostat

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:01:40 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
Follwing the replacement of the cold control thermostat in my Hotpoint
fridge with a "universal" one and problems getting it to run without
freezing everything, I contacted a brilliant site www.fridgedoctor.com
and they sent me the circuit diagram of the cold control thermostat and I
can now see that it was incorrectly fitted. This site also produces an
excellent book and cd that I've sent off for on fridge repairs.

Book marked against the day - thank you.

Dunno. Our fridge/freezer thermostat's just gone and I thought it mightbe
worth a look. Unfortunately the site is (a) commercial: pay to look (b)
USAnian.

However there's a yahoo group appliance-repair at
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/appliance-repair/
(dunno why it's in the finance section)

This is more of a DIY group (ISTR it was started by an inmate of our very
own group).