Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander

Default Grand designs

"EricP" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:03:25 +0100, The Wanderer
wrote:

. I've largely given up watching, the only one that
rang my bell was the guy who built his own home in the middle of his own
woodland. Unfortunately, in the follow up prog, he had acquired a partner
and sprog and she was busy imprinting her influence on what had been a
superb home.

I think the guy was a genuine person, he had no wealth, diddled the
planners

did I miss that? The house was on a gap site in a residential area, it
repected the building line and didn't overdevelop the site, there appeared
to be unexceptional buildings either side, and woods behind. What grounds
would there be for refusal?

Jim A