EJohnson EJohnson is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Data
Did you just forget to mention it or, didn't you change the regulator
and driver transistor yet? That resistor is a surge resistor and the
only thing from keeping the fuse from blowing. The reg. is an STR53041
and I forget the driver number except it's a Motorola. Also, there's a
100uf and a 22uf cap that needs changing and you're done. The other
components in the power supply should be just fine.
Hey, I pulled the STR53041 regulator off the board and the replacement .68ohm 5W power resistor didn't burn up this time...now, how do I test this STR53041 regulator? Just to make sure it is bad. I only have an ohmmeter (AKA: multimeter) Thanks, Johnson