Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default bath tub drain

The tub is the only one that is slow. I have removed the hair at the top
of the drain. I did that first. It runs freely for about 10 seconds and
then starts to back up. This leads me to believe the blockage is farther
out. I do have a fairly thin snake, for sinks. But I can't get it to
make the first turn out of the tub. No trees, only shrubbs.

Bonnie

The usual solution for a clog near the tub is to plug
the overflow with the plunger, and wet-vac the drain.

If you can't snake down the drain, sometimes
you can snake down the overflow. (assuming it's connected)
Failing that, there should be a drain-plug in the bottom
of the P-Trap, which, being under the tub, may be
accessible only to someone with a chainsaw. But if
you can pull that plug, you should be able to snake at
least to the next bend.

--Goedjn