Old Nick

Default cut pipes to weld a "T"

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 19:25:10 -0500, Gary Coffman
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

*highly directional* as in spot, would, as we have all seemed to
agree, be enough for non-mil-spec non-HP welds IMO. I reckon it would
give as good as using a marker pen, unless you jigged the pen.

But yes, the sun would be good. You would of course have to allow for
the movement of the sun in the sky between drawing one side of the
pipe and the other. .......

Just mumbling....Place a highly directional light directly above the
work, then trace the shadow? Saves the steady hand requirement.

The light source would have to be at virtual infinity (sunlight would
work). Otherwise you'd get geometric distortion of the shadow.

Ray trace on a piece of paper and you'll see why.

Gary

Until I do the other one,this one means nothing
Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")
_/ )