Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster

Default Grand designs

"Weatherlawyer" wrote

More slip shod reportage that is typical of a programme that should be
named "It's a cock-up" or "Bad designs" certainly nothing grand.

I saw it was about another box and switched over at the first break,
never to return.

............snip..........

Either my perceptions of this program have changed, or the delivery has
become diluted.
It seems that Kevin now has to close for each advert break with ever more
dramatic cliff hanging rhetoric (sp):
"Do they know what they have taken on here? I'm really not sure!"
Or "The program they have set themselves just doesn't seem realistic" etc
etc

To my mind this is typical dumming down to dovetail with all the
disfunctional family garbage shows about Nannies and what your kids will
look like if they continue to eat 5000000 bags of crisps a day.

I guess the bottom line is that if you want genuine technical content you
need a dedicated channel rather than the please-all ex-terrestrial
offerings.
Not sure if such a channel exists (I don't subscribe to Sky just catch the
free stuff).

Phil