Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

Default Mitsubishi CS3506R

L Abreu wrote:
Morning, When we turn on the TV it is fine but then after a few min
the Picture Fades to Black, You can see the Hues of red but that is
it the rest of the screen is black. Sometimes the picture will come
back and there is no trouble for weeks other times it is min. and the
picture is gone. Any Suggestions on what to check.
My search that I have done so far on the internet says to resolder the
CRT board. and that it has lost the High Voltage.

Sounds like the PIP (Picture-In-Picture) module is bad. Sometimes they can
be repaired or bypassed, depending on the model and whether the PIP board is
damaged from the capacitor leakage.

Mark Z.