Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andreas Tekman

Default Tektronix 2246

The 221 etc. series scopes still run fine nowadays. You need a calm
hand and a lot of experience to keep them healthy. But in the end, for
using in field service at a customer site, I like these small scopes.
The BW is low (0.5 up to 1 MHz, depending on model). But most times
enough for the things I have to do in field: get a quick impression of
where the fault is, these scopes are real helpful.

The battery and the plastic molded case gives my most time problems
when I get these units for repair.

Personally, the 213 with the integrated DMM is what I enjoy most. It's
a good combination, and still useful in 99% of my service work.
If you take a little bit of care, and handle these analog scopes well,
they last real long.

Andreas