Paul K. Dickman

Default ACID QUESTION

my_2¢ wrote in message ...
Please excuse this question; I realize this must seem elementary but I
am quite stymied and it entails a work related situation.

Cleaning out a acid cupboard where I work there are several bottles of
technical grade HNO3 which would be approx 70% but there are others
which are marked as "Fuming" (current date). My question is does there
exist a simple method to determine the percentage of acid if no
specific gravity info is present (i.e. 1.43, 1.50. etc, etc) ?

Titration will give you the percentage, but specific gravity is the easy
way.

Paul K. Dickman