Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Drying Roughed Out Bowls!!

Hi Steve,

I am a new turner too, and as I am sure you know, green wood turning is
a great way to get started - free wood, easier to turn, and forgiving
in many ways. Many turners stick with it for their entire careers.
The mystery of the results, and the discovery of the processes that
work (and don't) is as much fun as the turning. So what if some of it
ends up as firewood, that's what it was to begin with anyway! Just
turn and the results will follow.

In case you haven't run across them, here are a couple references that
inspired and helped me a lot:

http://www.customwooddesign.com/turninggreenwood-1.html

TURNING GREEN WOOD BOOK , Michael O'Donnell available at:
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cg...n&key=086-3000

Objects with walls turned to 10% of diameter or less, a paper bag with
shavings, and a little time, is hard to beat, unless you are into a lot
of technology and processes that may distract you from developing your
turning skills.

Just my two cents after all of two years!

Jerry