stuart noble

Default Large mirrors

Tim Johnson wrote in message ...
Hey guys,

I'm keen on fitting a large mirror (2.4m by 1m'ish) to the back of my
bathroom inline with my soon-to-begin tiling job, but I'm not sure what the
best route is. The acrylic mirrors of this size are pretty cheap and
durable, but I hear they bend easily (giving a funhouse look), and need a
lot of screwing, which would look rather ugly. A standard glass mirror

would
be very heavy on the wall, and has a risk of breaking when being fitted or
moved, and is more expensive.

Any tips on the best thing to do?

IIRC acrylic is more expensive than glass. Used in night clubs etc for
obvious reasons. I imagine if it's mounted on a flat surface you wouldn't
get too much distortion, and a lot less condensation. I'd forget glass. Even
4mm will be a nightmare to move and fix. At least a 50-50 chance of breaking
it before you get near the bathroom.