Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dryer problem making me crazy

I have a 7 year old whirlpool dryer with electronic sensor dry (2
contacts inside drum). The dryer occasionally (once in every 5-6
cycles) stops. It nearly always stops within the first 10 minutes. It
is tough to diagnose due to the occasional nature of the stops. Here
are the facts so far:

1. It is not the vent pipe. Cleaned it and have run it without the
vent pipe for a while - still stops.

2. It is not the electronic dry sensor. It stops on the timed cycle
too, as well as automatic cycle. I also removed the sensor circuit
board and run just on timed cycle and problem persists.

3. Does not seem to be any motor amp or overheat thermal switches
since the dryer immediately will restart right after it stops.
Typically, they must have time to cool.

4. I can't find any problem with the door switch - but my next move is
to take it out of the circuit.

What else could cause the dryer to stop? It is not just the heat
kicking off, but the drum too.

Help. Thanks.