Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default GFX vs home brew

In alt.solar.thermal Rod Speed wrote:

Those that know anything about Legionella dont.
http://www.ihf.ie/news/innsight/98-1...tm#anchor23477

Let's go back to Australia:
http://www.safetyline.wa.gov.au/page...dewswa0210.htm
"Long exposure at 50C or shorter exposure at higher temperatures is
sufficient to kill the bacteria." That would be 122F.

I remember The American Legion meeting, but that was warm water in a
cooling tower, not a domestic water heater.

"Proliferation of L. pneumophila is promoted by:
a wet warm environment (range 25-42C);
optimum temperature (35-37C);
stagnation or low water turnover;
high microbial concentration including algae, amoebae, slime and other
bacteria;
presence of biofilm, scale, sediment, sludge, corrosion products or organic
matter;
presence of certain materials such as natural rubber fittings which may be
a nutrient source. "

I don't think that describes my domestic water supply.
The recommendation for 120F still stands. That won't scald, and it will
kill Legionella bacteria.

--
---