Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Finishing Drywall

Robert Allison wrote:
wrote:

Just a few tips here.

You should be sure to use a 3/8" notch trowel to apply the mix, toss a
little sand in it to give it strength, and note that tissue paper works
just as well as those *expensive* fibreglass alternatives.

Now that made me laugh out loud.

But serially, to get truly flat walls, I just start with a
texture sprayer and spray a 1/4" thick coat on the wall.
Screed with an aluminum concrete screed and then apply tape.
Repeat as necessary.

Bob, that's so 20th century! I'm surprised that someone with your
experience hasn't tried Drywall Peel-N-Stick. It comes in a big roll
and you peel off the backing paper and stick it on the studs. Comes in
colors and flavors, too!

I just drywalled the van and it looks van-tastic!