Posted to sci.electronics.repair
nvic

Default RCA VR678HF won't accept tape

I used to have a VCR with a similar problem. It was a sylvania. It
would take the tape, eat it, spit it out, and start flashing "err 3".
Turns out the Feed reel was jammed with foreign objects. You might want
to see if the feed reel turns when a tape is inserted before it spis
them out. The feed reel is the one with all of the tape when the
cassette if fully rewound. Just remove the units cover, power up, and
add a cassette. Watch the wheel on the left and right. Do either spin?
if not, check for toys, and other foreign objects. Let me know what you
see, nvic.