Posted to sci.electronics.repair
frizzle02

Default Sharp 7" LCD

I bought a 7" Sharp LCD Screen (w/ AV,Cable,Antenna, Speaker
Inputs) about a year ago, and about a month after i bought it, the
screen starting going up and down very fast. I tossed it in my attic,
and thought it was done for. Lately, Ive been cleaning out my attic
and i came upon it. So i unscrewed the casing, and unplugged the
wires that carry the video. I left the power plugged in that goes
from the Screen to the motherboard. I then plugged the 12V power in
and the screen turns on fine(remember, there is no video connection
to the motherboard, just the power connection). The thing is I tried
rerouting the Video wire (the yellow one that goes into the back of
the screens chip) and i tried hooking it up with a DVD Player Video
Cable, and I got no picture, the power was turned on and the screen
was white, and everytime i put the 2 yellow spliced wires together
nothing came up. Any Suggestions?