Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default pocket hole screws

"Tim Taylor" wrote in message
newsKA1g.905407$x96.892725@attbi_s72...

I know there is some pocket hole screw guys out there. I don't have the
Kreg tool, yet, but I've got a Taiwanese rip off. I got it from Rockler
about 6 years ago. What I'm wondering is, on the good Kreg, does it leave
the screw heads just a bit proud of the surface? By a bit, I'm talking
1/16th or so. I'm not really concerned about all but one piece I just did.
I have to do a dado after it's assembled. No big deal as I'll just grind
the screw heads flush. Just wanted to know if it's "normal" or not. TIA.

The large head screw (coarse threaded?) will stick out a little when drilled
for 1/2" stock.