Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default FX-6A flashtube availability and data

In article ,
says...
Tm wrote:

Anyone try uaing one of the new super bright white LEDs for a strobe?

Somehow I doubt you could get a short enough flash to be
practical and I wonder about the max rep rate.
Intrested in the results if any one ever tries it.
...lew...

I don't know about white LEDs, but some of the small high speed (30
KRPM) winders I've been involved with use red LEDs as built-in strobes,
but not very bright.

LED arrays with sub-millisecond flash duration for high speed machine
vision illumination are common. The LEDs are driven hard to get
brightness, so duty cycle is relatively low.

Like this:
http://www.advancedillumination.com/category/AL.html

Ned Simmons