Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³

Default Climate of Fear - Global-warming alarmists intimidate dissentin...

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:35:46 GMT, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

daniel peterman wrote:
I have been on this planet 50 years and I have never seen TIN foil.
Aluminum yes.

Well you need to have been "on this planet" a little longer,
maybe 73+ . There was such back when I was a kid. It was
MUCH heaver than aluminum foil.
...lew...

Greetings Lew,
And we still call 'em tin cans. But I can't recall even seeing a tin
plated steel can. However, I do remember some tin, not tinned, cans at
an antique store. And Ball brand canning jars with tin lids. It's
funny, I read posts here and pretty much feel like everybody is about
my age. But then you find out that the ages here vary quite a bit.
Then I meet some of the guys who post here and I think, gee, they're
OLD. Then I happen to glance in a mirror and say to myself: gee I'm
OLD TOO.
Eric

The tin plating was primarily on the inside, Eric, frequently covered by a
coating such as Tung oil. [Coca Cola used to use Tung oil and tinned steel
cans as did most beer canners.]