Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Climate of Fear - Global-warming alarmists intimidate dissentin...

Tin Foil, Al foil (some is very thick and some very thin and quilted) brass foil, SS foil, Ti Foil.
Tin foil was used on some pie cabinets... Easy to punch.
Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Eric R Snow wrote:
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:35:46 GMT, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

daniel peterman wrote:

I have been on this planet 50 years and I have never seen TIN foil.
Aluminum yes.

Well you need to have been "on this planet" a little longer,
maybe 73+ . There was such back when I was a kid. It was
MUCH heaver than aluminum foil.
...lew...

Greetings Lew,
And we still call 'em tin cans. But I can't recall even seeing a tin
plated steel can. However, I do remember some tin, not tinned, cans at
an antique store. And Ball brand canning jars with tin lids. It's
funny, I read posts here and pretty much feel like everybody is about
my age. But then you find out that the ages here vary quite a bit.
Then I meet some of the guys who post here and I think, gee, they're
OLD. Then I happen to glance in a mirror and say to myself: gee I'm
OLD TOO.
Eric