Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Tavertine tiles Bathroom installation question

wrote:
I need to some advise please.

I about tile my bathroom floor and walls (about 20 sqm all in all) with
honed & filled travertine tiles. I have two of my walls that are
plasterboard internal stud partitions. The flooring will be 18mm WBP
ply as I'm replacing the current uneven 18 mm chipwood T&G floor.

One of my main concerns is to do with the palsterboard walls, will
these walls be able to take on the weight of the travertine tiles, each
tile is 12mm thick and 40cm by 40cm.?
Also, I have stripped all the walls from paint so they are back to
plaster and I will use pva bond to seal them. Also, I will be using a
good quality tile adhesive (Bal).

I am grateful for any advise.

Regards

Provided you tile up from the bottom, and use spacers, the weight is all
compression loads anyway, so tile away and don't worry.