Posted to alt.home.repair
Xeno Chauvin

Default pulling up and reinstalling Hardwood floor

"chris jung" wrote in message

It appears you are a "thinking" person.
First let me say laying a wood floor correctly is not
a job it's an art and a craft. ( as is most "finished" work)
With all deference to this group I don't think
you can gain enough knowledge here to do a good job.
Your best bet is to find some good
books on the subject.
If you wish to save money,you might deal with
a floor layer for you to do the demo and disposal work
especially if you live in a city that will pick up
"home owners construction" debris for free.
Mating the different species of wood could be
problematic in laying and finishing due to
grain pattern (stripes),density
and matching the T&G in new and old wood.
Xeno