Posted to alt.home.repair
cj

Default tile countertop

can you give me more info on the waterproof membrane? why would i need
it..i thought the backerboard was waterproof
thanks, cj

Newfie wrote:
Backer board should be installed using screws and adhesive. I would
prefer to use 1/2 inch cement board. Use a 1/4" trowel for applying
the adhesive to be used for the Backer Board. I use Rock-On Cement
Board Screws. Tape the seams using fibreglass tape and adhesive. I
also apply a waterproof membrane to the Backer Board after it is
installed. I use the Kerdi system and it works miracles.