Old Nick

Default cut pipes to weld a "T"

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 19:13:39 -0500, Gary Coffman
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

Just mumbling....Place a highly directional light directly above the
work, then trace the shadow? Saves the steady hand requirement.

The easiest way to generate the correct figure is to
hold the 2D template *flat* above the pipe, and drop
perpendiculars down to the pipe surface to form the
required curve. (A stiff template and a long marking
pen will do for the precision needed for welded joints.)

BTW, the flat projection method will also correctly
describe the elliptical mating hole you need to cut
in the other pipe.

Gary

Until I do the other one,this one means nothing
Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")
_/ )