Posted to rec.woodworking
eclipsme

Default New Band Saw Questions

George wrote:
"eclipsme" wrote in message
Coplanar works in conjunction with the tracking knob. The objective with
crowned tires is to let the blade ride the crown about mid-width. If
your crowns are not coplanar at mid-adjustment, you may not have enough
authority in the tracking mechanism to achieve consistent tracking. The
blades will have a tendency to "surge" forward and than aft

Thanks for the thought, but no, this is not what is going on. The blade
tracks very well, though a bit behind middle on the upper wheel and a bit
in front of middle on the bottom. The issue that has me continuing this is
that the blade is not perpendicular to the table in the direction of the
cut, which seems to me to be a fairly serious issue.

It is exactly the same issue. Move the bottom wheel to get the things
square and upright.
Harvey

I will look at this.

Harvey