Gunner

Default What are the size limitations of mini mills?

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:26:25 GMT, "Peter Grey"
wrote:

I'm in San Francisco. There are some listed in the fone book, but if you
had suggestions or recommendations... I suppose they don't need to be
local - just trusted.

Peter

Hell..you are only about 3 hours or so north of me. Im in the
Bakersfield area.

Ive got a nice Index 40 Vertical mill up for sale. 110v, and a hell of
a lot stouter than any mill drill. Good size for the home shop too.

Also got a small horizontal mill. (and lathes etc etc

http://home.lightspeed.net/~gunner/myshop

The site is a bit out of date, and Ill be updating it in the coming
weeks, but the Index is shown.

That would fit right into your average Uhaul trailer and go home with
you quite nicely. Ive got tooling for it and it will be not much more
than a imported mill drill.

Gunner

"jim rozen" wrote in message

Maybe I should try to find a used machine tools dealer in my area.

This could be a good idea. Where are you located?
You should be going to places like this just to see
what they have, what's available. Don't express any
strong interests in any given machine, just see what's
out there. It's kind of like used car shopping.
Sometimes something just jumps right out at you.

please reply to:

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the
nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding
fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although
it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave
rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the
Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic
civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to
participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the
Second Amendment will always be important."
-- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960