Posted to uk.d-i-y
BillP

Default OT-Lexmark with WindowsXP

"Sparks" wrote in message
"BillP" wrote in message
Hi Guys n Gals,

Apologies for this being off topic but, I'm trying to find anyone out
there who has a Lexmark Z32 printer working properly with WindowsXP.

If anyone has, can you check this please.

Start Control Panel Printers & Faxes Lexmark Z22-Z32 Color
JetprinterSet Printer propertiesPorts

Are able you tick and untick the "enable bidirectional support" box?

Mine is greyed out.

Have a look in your BIOS settings, you may need to set the port to support
Bidirectional communication.

You usually press DEL or F2 just after your keyboard lights flash to get
into the BIOS settings...but don't mess about with other stuff in there
unless you know what you are doing!

Sparks...

Hi Sparks,

Believe me I've tried loads of options, changed BIOS settings, uninstalled
drivers, downloaded latest drivers, etc. etc..... I don't want to take up
bandwidth on this news-group with an OT thread, I'm just looking for someone
out there who's actually got this setup working so I know that it really is
possible.

Thanks

Bill