Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hiring a stone crusher (or how to reuse old concrete)

Fitz wrote:

I've got a big pile of old concrete I've taken up from a knackered path
that was cracking and ugly. I'm wondering whether I can save the money
I might pay for a) a skip and b) 'crusher run'/bulk bag of hardcore for
the planned patio by crushing all the left over concrete.

I havent got the toolstation and screwfix cats to hand, otherwise I'd
see whats the cheapest sds plus. I've not used one for crete busting,
but if it were me I'd be very tempted if reasonable cost. Save a lot of
work and end up with a nice tool.

Does anyone make a small wheeled breaker of the weight lifting type? It
winds a big weight up, drops it, repeat and rinse. Be a sod if you got
that on your toe.

NT