Posted to alt.home.repair
coustanis

Default What would you use for this?

I need to make a place for wires to come out of my house from the
basement. The wall is brick so I don't want to drill the brick.
This is my idea. I greated an insert out of wood to fit into the
window (no great loss, it's below grade anyway).
Remember that this is a basement window / insert is below grade in a
square hole.

Using this insert I will drill a hole and install conduit in this
manner:

A horizontal piece inserted through the hole in the insert and
extending about 4 inches or so to the outside.
A 90 degree elbow attached to this outside end, oriented so it streight
up.
A streight piece attached to this elbow vertically and long enough to
extend above grade about 8 inches or so.
Attached to the top of this would be 2 90 degree elbows put together to
forn a 180 degree U shape.
Thos would be installed on top of the vertical bit upsidedown to keep
rain out.

Then the wire would be run through it.

It would look something like:

| |
| |

Do they make these preformed?
Can I use PVC (Not UV resistant)
Use metal pipe (Heavy and overkill for a conduit)
Any better ways to do this?

Thanks.