Posted to rec.woodworking
bf

Default ROUGH SAWN HARDWOOD FLOORING

wrote:

Are we nuts? Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

One word of caution.. This project is going to take a long time. I knew
a guy that had his own Woodmizer and kiln. He made his own hardware
flooring for one room.. I'm guessing it was approximately 200 sq ft.
Even though the wood was basically free, he said he'd never do it
again. Way too time consuming vs just buying flooring.

I think not doing tongue and grove is a mistake as well. As others
said, spills and dirt are going to get trapped in the gaps, and I don't
think it will look good.