Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default Sorting discs by weight

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 00:43:59 GMT, Ecnerwal wrote:
In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

I'd like to sort a large quantity of disks by weight.

Electrical properties probably also vary a lot - could probably use (old
hard disk drive - strong) magnets along the ramp to slow them down
differently via eddy currents, causing a wider variation in where they
land than mass alone would.

Ah. That is a very interesting suggestion, I was playing with coins
through the gap of hard-drive magnets just the other day. Should try
that & see how I can use it. Get some distance, ramp 'em between the
magnets to make the effect subtle enough to use, and have two catching
bins.