Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Ignoramus16588

Default Hobart CyberTig 200 DCS question

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:17:02 GMT, RoyJ wrote:

As for my Hobart CyberTig, what I think is that it is basically their
300 amp 60% model, with a different Programmer (controller) that only
allows 200A.

Good chance that the inernals are the same. But putting a current
limiter (governor) on it reduces the number of warranty returns and
other bad press. Yours is a 3 phase machine which means industrial duty
only. A lot of the 'operators' (these aren't really welders) will run
the machines hot for long periods of time. Especially those on piece rates.

Thanks Roy. I think that your analysis is right. I will try to find
out more.