Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gus

Default Climate of Fear - Global-warming alarmists intimidate dissenting scientists into silence

jim rozen wrote:

Maybe we could suspend an anvil over Gus's head and see if the theory
of graviation could be changed to IG. g

Oh, now you're just being mean. g

Did I strike a nerve? I'm sorry if I did...ok not really. I was just
trying to say that other theories, ideas or whatever you want to call
them in science besides opposition to global warming also run up
against intimidation. If the theories or hypothesis are so poor they
should be no threat to the established idea but somehow just "good
science" isn't enough to disprove them. What's used is intimidation,
job loss, defunding etc. If the ideas are so stupid as you suggest, why
are they such a threat?

Why is it that the liberal side is usually the side that wants to shut
down discussion? Don't they think of themselves as tolerant?

GW