Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes

Default Fill gap underneath skirting?

In uk.d-i-y, MankyManning wrote:
I am redecorating my living room and am probably going to sand the
floorboards as they are in quite good nick really, there used to be
carpet down.

The only slight problem is that under certain sections of skirting
board there is a slight gap between skirting and floorboards (up to 5mm
in some places, other places there is no gap). This would not normally
bother me but my wife **hates** spiders and wants this gap to be
blocked up.

Now I don't have the time to remove all the skirting and refit it so I
was wondering if there was an alternative?

Transparent sealant. Worked here, against draughts rather than spiders.
It's not invisible but I doubt anyone's ever noticed it.

--
Mike Barnes