Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default Tile installation mess disposal?

"Norminn" wrote in message
nk.net...
Dan Jones wrote:

I'm considering having contractors replace some carpet and vinyl

flooring
with tile. Possibly also re-tile an existing kitchen counter and

shower.
I heard they have to use a lot of water to install and cut the tiles.

The
contaminated water is not allowed to be poured into the drains or sewers
here, so what are the tile contractors supposed to do with all that

water?

Our tile contractor kept the wet saw on the lawn. I would not describe
the amount of water as a "lot". I don't recall any residue on the lawn
either, though I might have hosed the area when they finished. Wet saws
cut fairly fast, and the amount of water is only onto the blade - very
little water, IMO.

What would be harmful in tile dust, unless it was some exotic thing with
fancy glazes? I mean, we eat off of stuff that isn't that different from
tile.

aem sends...