Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

Default 2 AC Filters?

Blatherskite

"Never forget that everything Hitler did
in Germany was legal." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"HeatMan" wrote in message
Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone has one and no 2 are
the same.

"TC" wrote in message
m...
I have a filter at the base of my air handler (in the garage).
I have
an AC intake inside of my house. This intake does not have a
filter and
is looking very dusty (the cover and duct inside). I was told
by an AC
tech not to put a filter there because it would make the AC
work too
hard - it was designed to have one filter. This does not make
sense.
All the contaminants are getting into the AC ducts. If if most
are
stopped by the filter at the air handler. Should I have a
second filter?

IF (caps intended) there has been a filter at the filter grill
(intake)
inside your house, leave one there.

Best bet, IMO, would be to put a pleated filter at the furnace
and a blue
one in the house.