Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Tektronix 2246

Sam Goldwasser wrote in
:

Jim Yanik writes:

The first TEK scope I built from old boards was a 5 Mhz 221
mini-scope,but it had problems in the 4 layer PCBs,I had to jumper
too many runs,so I traded it for boards for my 2213. It's CRT was too
small for much use,anyways.

What's the next model, the 321?

An entirely different class.
The 200 series were a group of handheld,battery-powered scopes with really
small CRTs.

The 300 series (after the 321) were from Sony-TEK.
The 321 was first sold in 1960,BTW.It was TEK's first solid-state scope(and
also battery-powered).
The 211,the first 200 series scope,came into being in 1972.

I still have one of those that more
or less works (or at least it did the last time I tried it a couple
years ago). Some of the design of that is strange. I have to power
cycle mine a few times before the trace appears, and only at full
brightness. I think I concluded it was fault in the CRT because
everything else checked out.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header
above is ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics
is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the
Feedback Form in the FAQs.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik