Posted to rec.woodworking
Ellestad

Default Screw stripped

Fill the hole with epoxy. Grease the screw and put it in, cleaning up the
excess glue. When the epoxy has set remove the screw, clean off the grease,
and put it back in tight. It should tighten up quite well. I've done this a
number of times. It's a pretty tough fix.

Tim Ellestad

"Paul Wolsko" wrote in message
Can someone advise me? I've just put together an Adirondack Chair made,
unfortunately, of cheap Indonesian wood. Although it looks OK and went
together easily enough, one of the screws that attach the back to the
arm stripped the hole in the chair back.

Is there something I can use to fill the hole and start again? A think
longer screw may cause trouble, since the chair back is curved. I was
also considering Plastic Wood...but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Paul