Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tm

Default FX-6A flashtube availability and data

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
In article ,
Carl Byrns wrote:

On 18 Apr 2006 02:29:55 -0700, "Andrew VK3BFA"
wrote:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/products_uploaded/SL2692.pdf

is a link to the typical tube I was talking about.

Looks like the ones used for dance-floor lighting- have you tried a
stage equipment shop?

I would have thought dance-floor strobes would be far slower and far
more powerful than a Strobotac.

One use of the FX-6A that I've found is automotive wheel balancers that
were made by Balance Technology Inc (BTI) and competitors. Wonder what
they use these days; I'm sure that won't stand still for $230 per tube.

Anyone try uaing one of the new super bright white LEDs for a strobe?