Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Bleeding heated towel rail

Bob Minchin wrote:

I heard a tale at work today. Someone has a floor mounted myson heated towel
rail that runs off the central heating. It is slowly getting less and less
warm and he concludes it is gradually filling with air. He has recently
moved in and so has no history of the heating system
He claims that there are no bleed screws on this towel rail which I found
quite incredible.

Does anyone have one of these rails and know the secret of bleeding them?

It may not look like the normal bleeding valve - it is often just a hex
headed screw - frequently facing the wall at the top of one side. If it
is a normal bleding valve then it will tend to be pointing striaght up
on one of the columns.

--
Cheers,

John.