Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing old light switch in bath.

I'm replacing the light switch in my bath and bought a new switch, but
this one looks different than the old one I took out. It has three
screws two on the side and one green one on the top. THe old one only
had one on each side. Now I replaced the switch and hooked up the green
wire with the green (ground) screw on the top and the red wire on one
of the screws on the other side but its not working. I know the old
switch is broken cause when I hit the switch I can see that there is a
short in the switch when I wiggle it. But this new switch should work
right? What did I do wrong? Or should I just take it back and get
another?