Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave

Default tft always in standby mode

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for your detailed reply JANA!

The most common cause of failures with these monitors are capacitors
going
high in ESR.

Well that sounds promising!

After warranty, most of these monitors do not pay to service, unless it
is a
high end monitor that is very costly to replace.

An equivalent monitor is priced from around $600. Do you have any idea
in what price range a replacement board would be, in case I would find
a match among Acer's parts?
(So I don't waste time looking for a part that will be too expensive
anyway...)

Cheers
Mike

For boards, lcdpart.com sells inverter boards and Norris Parts on eBay sells
logic boards. I've worked with them and they are both pretty solid. If I
were in your shoes, I'd buy a working cracked screen monitor of the same
model on eBay and swap in the good boards. I've purchased cracked screen
monitors for as low as $15 just to get the working boards and the backlite
bulbs.

Maybe its just a coincidence but I'm starting to see a number of 2000fp's on
eBay that just "died" or have other circuit related problems. That might be
a signal to stock up on boards or to just trade up to something newer. Or
it might not. ;-)

Dave