Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe

Default The Sony Trinitron won't start,..

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 06:23:40 GMT, wrote:

Hello, when we push the power button there is no response; nothing
lights up at all. My neighbor said if he remembered to just push the
button once it would all of a sudden come on by itself after a half
hour or so and everything would be fine.
I removed gobs of dust and checked the fuses a wiggled the
wires/connectors. The ON button is kind of pressure button that runs a
flip-flop circuit but disapears into the maze. The power section has
ac but no dc. I was hoping this is a common problem or easy fix for
someone familiar with tv repair. Thank you.

Depending on its age, it could be a problem with the power relay, or
the circuit that controls the relay. I've seen power relays in Sony
TVs that no longer close reliably.
Andy Cuffe