Posted to rec.woodworking
eclipsme

Default New Band Saw Questions

George wrote:
"eclipsme" wrote in message
I am just wondering if this is an issue brought about by the wheels not
being coplaner. If yours is square, then I will probably look at other
possibilities.

Anybody else have ideas on this?

And again, let me thank all who have provided help on this issue.
Harvey

Coplanar works in conjunction with the tracking knob. The objective with
crowned tires is to let the blade ride the crown about mid-width. If your
crowns are not coplanar at mid-adjustment, you may not have enough authority
in the tracking mechanism to achieve consistent tracking. The blades will
have a tendency to "surge" forward and than aft

Thanks for the thought, but no, this is not what is going on. The blade
tracks very well, though a bit behind middle on the upper wheel and a
bit in front of middle on the bottom. The issue that has me continuing
this is that the blade is not perpendicular to the table in the
direction of the cut, which seems to me to be a fairly serious issue.

Harvey