Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default GARAGE DOOR STILL OFF CENTER !!!

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 03:16:45 GMT, (Ron in
NY) wrote:

Hi all,

About a month ago, I posted a question asking what might make one of my
garage doors be off center. All of the answers I got said that a weak spring on
1 side might do that. Well, I got 2 new matched springs yesterday, and installed
them---same problem--the door is rubbing against 1 of the tracks as it goes up.
I tightened the cable on that side to give it more tension, but no difference. I
then switched the springs, left to right, and still no difference.

All of the rollers are free, both to rotate and to slide in or out. The door
is not warped, and the tracks still look perfect--not bent or warped. I can push

The tracks "look perfect"? WHat does that mean?
They need to be straight, parallel to each other,
perpendicular to the door, and perfectly centered
around the hoist(s) and springs/cables. The vertical
part of the track has to actually be vertical, too.